Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I love kindergarten

Today my class went to a short play about how reading is great. We came back to class and we talked about reading for a minute. This little angel raised her hand and almost made me cry. Her name is Alivia and her mom has been struggling with cancer for the last 3 years. She's getting really bad. They just amputated her leg and hip on one side and just today she is having surgery in her back to remove another tumor. Things aren't looking good it seems. Little Alivia who is the sweetest little thing said that sometimes when she feels so sad about her mom she reads Book of Mormon stories and it helps her feel better. She's just so cute. And she actually can read well enough to read the stories. I just love her and my other cute kindergarteners. Sorry no pictures again!!!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

It's stories like this that make me miss teaching! Say Hi! to all the great people I'm missing for me, will ya'? :)

Missy said...

I'm so glad you like kindergarten. I just got layed off unfortunately. I am definitely going to miss teaching!!

Regan said...

O wow, it is amazing what little 6 year olds are able to feel and know! So sweet! Thanks for sharing such a cute story!

Sara said...

So sweet.